Welcome to Farm Quilter

Enjoy your stay under the variable skies of Eastern Washington and watch the seasons change, from planting to harvest here on the farm...be sure to wrap up in a quilt during the winter, it's cold!!

Saturday, January 20, 2018

A Bit of Fun From Christmas

Christmas was fun here at my dad's house...all three of my daughters and my three grandchildren were here!  My girls and I have not all been together for Christmas since 2004, so this was really special.  We celebrated Christmas on December 31, since my daughter and granddaughters from Texas could not get here until then...and my dad and I came down with the flu on January 1!  Talk about lousy timing!!  I didn't get to do the things I wanted to with my grands, but they managed to keep busy.  I found a kit for Ugly Christmas Sweater Cookies and they did a great job decorating them.  Can you tell which were done by adults, a 10 year old and a 4 year old?
Surprisingly, they even tasted great!

This is my oldest granddaughter with my new grandson - she's 10 and he's 4 months.
I got a picture of my dad with my middle daughter (she lives in Hawaii, no kids but loves being an auntie).
She always seems to wear her hair up - she's in the Army so I guess she's used to it!

These are my three daughters modeling their new hats a friend of mine in Washington knitted them - there is a hole for their pony tails!  I have one as well and it is so great to have somewhere for all our hair to go!
Yeah, we all have long hair!  I didn't model my hat since I had to take the picture!  They also got matching PJs for Christmas too!

This is my pup, Tara, with her gift sent from my friend Susie, in England.  She loves her cow and can occasionally make the squeaker work!
Not a single thing about quilting...that will be next week!  Not much happening here as I am still working on getting rid of all the yuck from the flu and my visit to the oral surgeon yesterday.

2 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh how special!! I am so glad you all were able to be together - and the cookies - nope I can not tell the difference in decorating - ha ha!!

Susie said...

What great pictures of your Christmas and I can't tell either which cookies were done by the adults all the children such a great idea and fun for all. I love seeing pictures of your family, especially the grandchilldren and your Dad looks really well.

Love the hats, your friend will have to go into production as I am sure there are lots of people out there with long hair and can't fit it into their hats. The girls at the swimming club who have long hair have the same problem with the swimming hats although a hole in the top would defeat the object of the hats in the first place!!

Tara looks as if she is having a fine old time with her toy, Treacle is so glad she likes it.

Thanks for sharing your Christmas with us and hope you are all feeling better now. Our home is all sick not with coughs, colds and everyting else going so we are staying in, not allowing anyone to visit in the hopes we can get rid of it soon. I will be quite glad when January is over and hopefully some better weather.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs, Susie xx