Monday, March 17, 2014
I delivered this beauty today to my customer. All she told me was that she would be putting some dimensional applique in some of the white. I had a blast with this quilt, using 6 different rulers - 90% of it was done with rulers, so it took me 57 hours to quilt this baby. I spent 2 months considering the quilting designs, then changed 10 of the 11 patterns when I got the quilt on the frame! I finished the quilting at four this morning and delivered it to her at my guild's annual Quilt 'Til Ya Wilt. She was thrilled with the quilting and that makes me happy. She is planning on putting it in our guild's annual quilt show the end of April and the immediately sending it off to Pennsylvania for a show the first week of May. This is going to be a well-traveled quilt.
Finally finished this king-sized beauty. After 2 months of quilting on it, I felt like I was giving up a member of the family! My customer loved it and that makes me happy. Here are a few more pictures.