Welcome to Farm Quilter

Enjoy your stay under the variable skies of Eastern Washington and watch the seasons change, from planting to harvest here on the farm...be sure to wrap up in a quilt during the winter, it's cold!!

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Another Finish

I bought 24 fat quarters of material with dots...went a little crazy, I know.  I made 3 baby-sized quilt tops with that dotted material when I was in Florida 2 years ago and this is the second one I finished.  I forgot to take a picture of the other one as it was a rush to the finish because I was sending it to Australia with the grandfather-to-be so I didn't have to mail it.  It was a log cabin too, but a different setting.  I used yellow Minkee for the backing - I am really loving how Minkee shows off the quilting.  Without further ado, may I introduce Spotted Logs, finishing at 54x64:
 Minkee back
 One of the fancy feather corners
 The other fancy feather corner...wanted something a little different!
 Love the open swirls in the blocks.  I was able to do all the straight line and swirlies without stopping or tying off my threads - yippee!!!
The border quilting was inspired by Angela Walters, the straight line work in the blocks was because of what I learned from Lisa Calle (leave some space) and the swirlies were inspired by a class from Kim Stotsenberg.  I have taken three classes on longarm quilting in the past 9 months and got to combine all of them in this quilt!  Sweet!!!

No comments: