Welcome to Farm Quilter

Enjoy your stay under the variable skies of Eastern Washington and watch the seasons change, from planting to harvest here on the farm...be sure to wrap up in a quilt during the winter, it's cold!!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fun with my Innova

Yesterday and today have been interesting with trying to quilt.  I timed my machine yesterday after it's cross-country ride from Washington to Florida and back again shook it out of alignment.  No problem, a few pictures sent back and forth to Michael at ABM, it was working beautifully...and then my needle broke.  That doesn't happen!  I took the needle off, put a new one on, and then went hunting for the reason for the break.  Well, I didn't tighten the screws enough on my hook assembly and after quilting for a while it became loose and the hook assembly was in the wrong place when the needle came down.  Ok, I can re-time the machine and get on with it.  While I was turning everything up front, apparently I shifted the drive shaft and then the hook assembly froze.  Well, I can't figure out what to do next, so I called Michael again.  He walked me through fixing what I messed up and Dorothy (my Innova) is running beautifully again!

I love having someone I can call whenever I have a problem and know that he can walk me through the fix!

No comments: